About > Membership Benefits
OF BEING AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF
- Health and Accident Insurance plan for SBA members.
- Liability Insurance for SBA members.
- An umbrella organization that is recognized by the Provincial Government, Sask Sport, Western Canada Baseball Association and Baseball Canada.
- Access to development programs for players (Winterball, Rally Cap, Grand Slam, My First Pitch, RBI Approved)
- Access to NCCP Coaching Clinics.
- Access to National Umpire Clinics
- Baseball resource material and other inventory that is carried by the Provincial Office.
- Annual Awards that pay recognition to players, coaches, umpires and volunteers.
- Opportunity for grant money for baseball projects.
- The opportunity to compete in a recognized provincial championship, with the possibility of advancing and competing at a regional and/or national final.
- Opportunity to host a Provincial, Western or Baseball Canada Championship. Bid to Host forms available from SBA Office.
- Access to Athlete Assistance grants.
- Travel Assistance if representing Sask Baseball at an post-provincial competition.
- Consistency throughout Saskatchewan in the interpretation of rules governing the game.
- Members receive access to the SBA Newsletter.
- The SBA holds Annual General Meetings at which time members may voice their opinions and help set the direction of baseball in Saskatchewan.
- A central office to assist in the administration of provincial programs, a contact for the baseball scene around and outside the province.